When it comes to mold in your home, prevention is key. Toxicologists recommend that homeowners take action as soon as possible to treat moldy belongings. Damaged items should be discarded without hesitation, and items that are easy to replace or cheap, such as clothing and food, should be thrown away as a precautionary measure. At the very least, everything must be properly cleaned and professionally disinfected for mold and mycotoxins.
If this is not possible, the items should be discarded. It is important to take the necessary steps to prevent mold from spreading in your home. This includes regularly cleaning and inspecting your home for any signs of mold growth. Additionally, you should ensure that your home is well-ventilated and that any leaks or water damage is addressed immediately.