Proving Mold is Making You Sick: How to Identify and Treat Mold Poisoning

Mold allergy can cause a range of symptoms that are similar to other types of upper respiratory allergies, such as sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, coughing, itchy eyes, nose and throat, dry, scaly skin. To determine if you have mold poisoning, your doctor may take a blood sample to test for the presence of antibodies to mold. The most common type of blood test used to detect mold symptoms is the Memory Lymphocyte Immunostimulation Test (MELISA).The MELISA test is used to detect allergies to molds, toxins, and chemicals such as penicillium and Aspergillus. People with chronic respiratory disease may develop symptoms of mold poisoning after inhaling just a small amount of mold spores.

The test works by applying allergens to the sample and observing if the reaction intensifies. As these symptoms are similar to those of the common cold or seasonal allergies, it can be difficult to identify the cause as exposure to mold. It's important to seek medical attention if you notice any symptoms of mold poisoning, as long-term exposure can cause serious health problems. Natural detoxification can help reduce symptoms within a few days, especially if the source of mold is eliminated or if the person leaves the environment where the mold is present. If you notice mold growth in your home and feel unwell, tell your doctor right away about your symptoms. These symptoms are usually noticeable when you enter your home after a long vacation or when you spend time in a room infested with mold.

When you inhale or ingest mold spores, your immune system's defenses will react by causing sneezing, whistling, or coughing. Penicillin is a form of mold that can be ingested under medical supervision for antimicrobial and wellness purposes. The first step in dealing with problems related to exposure to mold is to avoid the environment in which the triggers are found. Exposure to mold has a number of more serious side effects that your doctor may ask about. It's estimated that 28% of the population has genes that make them highly susceptible to mold-related health problems.

No matter how clean your home is, mold can grow anywhere, especially in humid areas that don't have good ventilation. If you're experiencing mysterious symptoms and haven't been able to figure out why, you may have mold disease. If you suspect that you have been exposed to mold and are experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention right away. Your doctor will be able to diagnose and treat any underlying conditions caused by exposure to mold. They may also recommend lifestyle changes such as improving ventilation in your home or avoiding certain environments where mold is present.

Cassie Ulery
Cassie Ulery

Wannabe internet aficionado. Hipster-friendly pop culture trailblazer. Certified internet aficionado. Extreme zombieaholic. Professional beeraholic. Total beer aficionado.