Warning signs of mildew and strange, musty odors. One of the first warning signs of mold is a musty, rancid smell that pervades your home. Asthma or allergies that worsen indoors Dark spots on walls or ceilings. Because the symptoms of mold allergy or exposure to mold may resemble those of other allergies, your doctor will usually start by asking you about your medical and family history.
Whether you just got rid of mold or never want to see it in your house, you need to know the rules for preventing mold. While symptoms of mold exposure are not uncommon (some studies suggest that mold allergies may affect up to 24% of the population), many health professionals struggle to determine the cause of these symptoms. If the problem is more than minor, DIY methods will likely only eliminate the appearance of mold for a short period of time. If you have a mold allergy, the best defense is to reduce your exposure to the types of mold that cause the reaction.
Most mold treatment companies will recommend demolishing the infected part of the house to literally get rid of the mold, so keep in mind that you could have additional expenses to restore part of your home. One thing most doctors will recommend that you do is perform tests to detect and, if necessary, eliminate any harmful health conditions that have mold in your home. If you notice mold growth in your home and feel unwell, tell your doctor right away about mold and your symptoms. However, immediately after this sentence, the website emphasizes that any mold must be removed from a building.
If you have mold allergies and asthma, asthma symptoms can be triggered by exposure to mold spores. To check if you have a mold problem, you can ask a local mold testing company to perform an air quality inspection and test. If your symptoms go away or lessen when you're out and about, you may have a mold problem—yes, even if you can't see the mold. Even a small amount of mold in the home can multiply rapidly, and it's very possible that there is more mold in existence than meets the eye.
People with chronic respiratory disease may develop symptoms of mold poisoning after inhaling just a small amount of mold spores.