What are the symptoms of prolonged mold exposure?

Some people are sensitive to mold. For these people, exposure to mold can cause symptoms such as nasal congestion, wheezing, and redness or itching of the eyes or skin. Some people, such as those with mold allergies or asthma, may have more intense reactions. People with allergies may have more severe symptoms that make you feel like you have the flu or pneumonia, with colds, headaches, persistent exhaustion, frequent coughing, fever, and difficulty breathing.

Exposure to toxic mold is also linked to more serious long-term effects, such as insomnia, memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and confusion. Exposure to mold contributes to depression and anxiety. It can even cause muscle cramps, numbness in the limbs, weight gain, sensitivity to light, and hair loss. Long-term exposure to mold can have a negative effect on memory, specifically on short-term memory.

Exposure to mold can cause problems with concentration, judgment, and overall brain function. If you have a mold allergy, the best defense is to reduce your exposure to the types of mold that cause the reaction. However, black mold can cause unwanted side effects, especially in people who are sensitive to mold. People with mold allergies and who experience long-term exposure to mold may have more serious reactions.

So, let's discuss mold toxicity, what it actually means, and how Parsley Health takes a holistic, science-based approach to treating the symptoms of mold toxicity. If you have mold allergies and asthma, asthma symptoms can be triggered by exposure to mold spores. Generally, the best course of action to fully identify and eradicate mold is to have it analyzed and removed by a professional. Asthma isn't the only type of allergy that worsens or is even caused by exposure to mold and inhalation of mold spores.

Whether it's allergenic, pathogenic, or toxigenic mold, you must regain control of the situation today by eliminating mold and monitoring your health. The most direct way to assess mold toxicity is through a urinalysis that measures mold metabolites and mycotoxins, as well as glutathione levels (which may decrease when exposed to mold). Even if you can't see mold in or around your property, there are still signs that indicate that you should inspect for mold. With a mold inspection, professionals will test the entire house, including common hiding places for mold.

This report will include recommendations on how to proceed with the removal of mold and the remedies that Green Works can offer customers. Therefore, if you are concerned that mold symptoms have appeared, we recommend that you thoroughly consult a construction biologist, who is also a specialist in mold remediation. It's best to test for mold within 48 hours of being exposed to water in your home, as mold grows quickly.

Cassie Ulery
Cassie Ulery

Wannabe internet aficionado. Hipster-friendly pop culture trailblazer. Certified internet aficionado. Extreme zombieaholic. Professional beeraholic. Total beer aficionado.