Mold is a serious issue that can cause health problems and expensive home repairs if left untreated. It's important to be aware of the signs of mold growth and take action quickly to inspect and eliminate or remedy the mold. If you're thinking of buying a property with any type of mold problem, it's best to think twice. Mold doesn't have an odor, but moisture does.
Moisture is the “sweaty sock smell” that occurs primarily with mold growth. Inhaling mold spores can be harmful to health, so it's important to be aware of any dark spots on the walls of the basement or bathrooms in a new home. Molds feed on organic materials and, if growth is not controlled for long enough, can cause discoloration. Many molds are capable of producing substances that can be harmful to health.
Allergens and irritants produced by molds can cause illness, so it's important to remove all mold that grows indoors immediately. If you're unsure how to do this, contact a professional mold removal service like First Call Cleaning and Restoration, Inc. for more information. Painting over mold is a terrible idea and should be avoided at all costs when it comes to mold remediation.
Homes with a history of flooding are especially prone to mold growth and should be remedied to be considered safe. If you or someone you know is in a situation where there is mold, it's important to assess the situation quickly and decide what steps need to be taken to inspect and eliminate or remedy the mold. Mold removal services have the right tools and knowledge to locate mold growths and examine areas of your home that you can't see or reach.