Living in a house with mold can be a difficult and dangerous situation. Inhaling mold spores can cause a range of health issues, from sleep apnea to depression and anxiety. It's important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of mold, and to take action if you suspect it's present in your home. Tiredness is one of the most common symptoms of toxic mold.
If you're constantly feeling exhausted and ready to take a nap, this could be due to mold-induced sleep apnea. Inhaling spores can interrupt breathing, and irregular breathing is one of the main causes of this condition. It's possible to live in a house with mold if the moldy materials have been encapsulated, as this prevents spores from being transmitted through the air. However, it's quite difficult to live in a moldy home if left unattended, as it poses a significant risk to everyone.
If you see any signs or symptoms of mold, it's important to address them as soon as possible, before it makes your home unlivable or turns your precious possessions into moldy relics. Exposure to black mold spores can be very harmful to mental, emotional and physical health. Being exposed to black mold for an extended period of time can lead to depression and anxiety. As the toxins from black mold build up in the body, you may experience insomnia, mental confusion, and an inability to concentrate. Once you become aware of mold spores and your exposure is reduced, your symptoms will go away. Some people live with mold, but they don't usually notice it until they start to notice a musty smell or experience mildew symptoms.
If you have black mold in your home that's in an area small enough to get rid of enough of it, this will likely solve the problem (though you'll need to keep an eye on it). Since there are many variables associated with each person, it is quite difficult to determine how long you can live in a house with mold, since there is no amount of mold that can be considered safe. It's possible to live in a home with mold if it's contained in a particular area during remediation. And since virtually every home has traces of mold, it's nearly impossible to avoid buying a mold-free home. Another characteristic of black mold (and any type of household fungus) is that it can grow in places that are difficult to access or rarely visited, such as behind closets and under floorboards. If you suspect that there is mold present in your home, it's important to take action right away.
Have an expert inspect your home for any signs or symptoms of toxic black mold. If they find any evidence of it, they will be able to recommend the best course of action for remediation.