Mold spores are a natural part of the environment, and it's normal to find between 200 and 500 spores in a room. However, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), any amount of mold inside a building can be dangerous. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not have any regulations for acceptable levels of mold growth in commercial buildings. Mold is only hazardous when it grows on surfaces due to excess moisture in the environment.
If a professional mold test identifies any of these molds, steps must be taken to fix the problem. After the inspection, the inspector will take mold samples from different areas of the house or building. The toxic mold species Stachybotrys and Memnoniella are the only species considered a problem at this level. A professional mold test usually starts with an inspector looking for signs of mold, such as water stains, musty smells, or visible mold growth.
We look at the health effects of the common Cladosporium mold, the associated symptoms it can cause and some tips for eliminating it. There are many different types of mold tests, and which one you choose will depend on your specific situation. Anyone who has questions about mold in the home, workplace, or educational or other environment should seek advice from their healthcare provider or state health department. If there is mold in the workplace, you and your staff may smell a musty odor or experience symptoms of hay fever, such as sneezing or congestion.
Whether it's a cold, wet winter or a hot, humid summer, activities in the home can cause indoor humidity and mold. Keeping an interior space clean, dry and well ventilated is the best way to prevent mold from developing. Mold allergies can cause symptoms similar to those of other allergies, such as hay fever or seasonal allergies. If the indoor air quality of your business property has deteriorated, there may be mold on paper products, windows, pipes, and ceilings.
Remediation must be performed by a professional mold cleaning company, such as United Water Restoration Group, Inc. Once the results of the mold tests are received, the inspector will provide a report that includes the type or types of mold present and the concentration of mold spores in the air. In addition, immunosuppressed people may be subject to lung or sinus infections when exposed to large concentrations of these molds. High concentrations of Penicillium or Aspergillus can cause health problems as these molds are allergenic. It is important to take steps to reduce unhealthy levels of mold in order to protect your health.